Greetings from Hotlanta! The heat index today is a steamy 105 degrees and y'all the humidity is higher than a cats back. My hair is a mess right now but no way am I cutting it. I will just have a constant up-do until the weather cools off.
This weekend was a very productive one at the House of Q's. Mr. Q and I did some things around the house that have been on the honey-do list for a while.
I bought this metal piece a few months before we were married and have been meaning to get it on the porch for a while. I like how the color of the metal piece brings out the light color of the brick.
I also took some time on Saturday to deep clean a few areas of the house. Here is the after of the master bath.
Speaking of cleaning, here is a few of my very own summer home keeping tips that you can try in your own home.
- Clean your pantry and check for expired items- wipe down all shelves and and shelf liners
- Wash throw pillows and blankets
- Air out rooms (if you are lucky enough to get a cool day)
- Wash all window coverings or send them out to be cleaned
- Sort through closets to clean/donate/repair items (now is a good time to start selling on eBay to make some extra cash for the holidays)
- Clean and check the fridge for expired items
- Wash comforters and duvets
- Vacuum all upholstered couches and chairs
- Wash all windows and clean window sills
- Clean the fireplace or call a professional if needed
One more tip to help you get organized: I found this neat webpage called School-Supply-List.com. Simply enter your zip code and any school in your district will generate. Click the link for your child's school and get the school supply list for his/her classroom. How easy is that?
Until next time...